As you may know, there are a number of activities within the vSphere Web Client that are different from that in the vSphere C# Client. One of these, as I discovered trying to do some reconfiguration in my lab this weekend, is changing the network label for a VMkernel port. Below are steps to change the network label for a VMerkenel port in the vSphere 5.1 Web Client.
1. Click the Migrate Physical or Virtual Adapters button, third from the left, to launch the Migrate Networking wizard.
2. Click Next to pass the physical adapter migration. We’re not making any changes here.
3. Select the VMkernel port you want to migrate, then click the Assign Port Group button, first from the left.
4. Select the destination port group, then click OK.
5. Verify the migration settings, then click Next.
6. Click Next past the Validate Changes window.
7. We’re not migrating any virtual machine networking, so click Next.
8. Review all of the changes, then click Finish to complete the workflow.
You’ve now completed, in an eight-step wizard, what in the C# client can be done in one step with a single drop-down menu.