Changing licensing in the vSphere 5.5 Web Client is similar to how it’s done in the C# client, though the flow is slightly different from how I’m used to doing it.
Add a New License Key
1. On the Home screen, click Licensing.
2. Click the green + to add the new license key.
3. Type in your license key, optionally add a label for the key, then click Next.
4. Review the information supplied, make sure it is correct, then click Finish.
You should now see the new key show up in your license inventory.
Apply a License Key to an Asset
Once we’ve added the license key, it’s time to apply it to an asset. You can see the different types of assets we can apply keys to in the screenshot below (vCenter Server Systems, Hosts, Clusters, and Solutions):
1. In this case, since I’m applying VSAN licensing, I’ll choose Clusters.
2. Click on Assign License Key.
3. Choose the appropriate license key, then click OK.
You should now see your cluster (or other asset) licensed with the new license key.
You can also view and manage licenses directly on objects (vCenter Server, Cluster (VSAN), ESXi host) themselves.