Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Certifications and Awards
- VMware vExpert 2012 – 2014
- VMware Certified Design Expert 5 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCDX5-DCV)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Administrator (VCAP-DTA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Desktop Design (VCAP-DTD)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Datacenter Administrator (VCAP-DCA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 4/5 – Datacenter Design (VCAP-DCD)
- VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-Cloud)
- VMware Certified Professional 3, 4, 5 – Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Desktop (VCP-Desktop)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- VMware Technical Sales Professional (VTSP) 4, 5
- VMware Sales Professional (VSP) 5
VMware – Palo Alto, CA
Dec 2013 – Current
- Senior Consultant focused on end user computing (EUC).
- Responsible for plan, design, and implementation of VMware vSphere, Horizon View, Horizon Mirage, and Horizon Workspace.
- Desktop Virtualization Strategy Assessments, Jumpstart engagements, Health Check engagements
Clearpath Solutions Group – Herndon, VA
Solutions Engineer/Senior Consultant
Feb 2012 – Dec 2013
- Design, implementation, and documentation of VMware vSphere 5, vCloud Director 1.5 and 5.1, View 4.6 – 5.1, Cisco UCS systems, and EMC SANs.
- Upgrade legacy vSphere 4 to vSphere 5, vCloud Director 1.5 to 5.1, View 4.x to 5.x
- Install and configure backup systems such as Veeam Backup and Replication and Quest vRanger
- Existing vSphere implementation analysis, health check, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Corporate blog author
- VMware subject matter expert
NetStar Systems Intl. – Suitland, MD
Senior Systems Engineer, on-site at US Bureau of the Census
Feb 2009 – Feb 2012
- Expansion of existing 10 ESXi 3.5 host/VirtualCenter 2.5 production environment to 170 vSphere 4.1u2 host/vCenter Server 4.1u2
- Consolidation of disparate IT virtual lab silos into a single homogenous enterprise virtual lab environment consisting of 30+ vSphere 5 hosts
- Agency-wide subject matter expert on all things VMware
- Administration of VMware vSphere in production and lab
- Microsoft Server 2000 – 2008 R2 administration
- Consultation on requests to add to existing environment.
- Physical to virtual conversions of Windows and Linux servers.
- VMware infrastructure lead on large-scale Citrix design and deployment
- Business analysis (ROI/TCO) and large scale capacity planning
- Active participation in Federal and DC VMware User Groups (VMUG), including technical presentation to Federal VMUG in March 2011 and regular participation in “Ask the Experts” sessions
Harrington Industries – Raleigh, NC
Oct 2010 – Feb 2012
- Design and implementation of production and DR VMware infrastructure, including ESXi, vCenter Server, Site Recovery Manager
- Migration of disparate SQL nodes to enterprise SQL 2008 R2 cluster
- Migration of Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010
- Configuration and implementation of EMC Celerra NS-120 at HQ and DR
- Design small business View 4.6 implementation
The Charles Machine Works, Inc. – Perry, OK
IT Support Analyst
Sep 2006 – Feb 2009
- Supported over 1000 clients on Dell desktops and laptops in an AD/Exchange 2003 environment with Windows 2000/Windows XP.
- Managed Terminal Services/Wyse thin clients for approx. 125 users.
- 500 user VDI/50 server consolidation implementation, including ROI/TCO calculation, planning for connection broker, SAN, switches, server hardware, thin clients, backup strategy, P2V strategy, and VMware infrastructure
- SAP user administration including user account unlock / password reset, profile setup, and routing authorization requests.