In the last article, we had a brief overview of the server infrastructure and layout. Here, we’ll go through the Horizon Mirage Management server installation.
Horizon Mirage Management Server Installation
- Create Windows Server 2012 machine
- Join the new machine to the domain
- Disable UAC on the new machine
- Install .NET 3.5 on the new machine
- Create Mirage administrative user in Active Directory
- Create Mirage administrative group in Active Directory
- Add the Mirage administrative user to the local Administrators group on the Windows Server 2012 machine
- Grant dbcreator rights to the Mirage administrative user on your Microsoft SQL Server instance
- Add the 500GB disk for the Mirage Single Instance Store. Formatted as E:
1. We start the process with the bits for Mirage 4.4 extracted on the Mirage server. I’m logged in with my administrative user (Shiplett\Jason), so we need to run the installer as the Mirage administrative user (Shiplett/mirageadmin) since it’s got dbcreator rights on the SQL server and will run all of the services. Shift + right click the mirage.management.server.x64.35175.msi installer and choose Run as different user.
2. Fill in the Mirage admin credentials, and then click OK.
3. Click Run if prompted.
4. Click Next.
5. Accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
6. Fill in the Microsoft SQL Server name and instance, as well as the information for the new storage area.
7. Fill in the password for your Mirage administrative user, add the name of your Mirage Admins group, and then click Next.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Horizon Mirage Management Console Installation
1. Double-click mirage.managment.console.x64.35175.msi. If installing on a 32-bit desktop or server, use the x86 version.
2. Click Run if prompted.
3. Click Next.
4. Accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.
5. Click Install.
6. Click Finish to complete the installation.
The Horizon Mirage Management server and console have now been installed. Next in the series is the Horizon Mirage Server installation.