In the last installment in the series, we created a Reference CVD from a Windows 7 device. In this article, we’re going to take that Reference CVD and create a Base Layer from it.
Capture a Base Layer
1. Click Common Wizards in the Horizon Mirage Management console.
2. Click Capture Base Layer.
3. Choose Use an existing reference CVD (since we captured it in the last post), and then click Next.
4. Choose the appropriate Reference CVD in the inventory, and then click Next.
5. Give the new Base Layer a Name, Description, and Version. Click Next to proceed.
6. Since we prepared the Windows 7 machine for Base Layer capture in the last article, you shouldn’t see any compatibility issues. If you do, resolve them, then proceed. Otherwise, click Next.
7. Click Finish.
Optional: Click Yes to view the activity in the Task List.
Once finished, the new Base Layer will show up in Image Composer > Base Layers.
The captured Base Layer is now ready to be deployed to CVDs. In the next article, we’ll run through the procedure for capturing App Layers.