Earlier today, I went into vCloud Director to add a new Organization Network, only to find both my vCloud Networking and Security (vCNS) Edge Gateways had failed. I went to redeploy, but ended up getting this error –
Upon searching for a solution, I found the following thread on VMware’s communities site – http://communities.vmware.com/thread/426705
The advice in the above thread worked for me, so here it is:
1. Restart the VirtualCenter Server service on your vCenter Server
2. Restart the vShield Manager virtual appliance.
3. Log in to the vShield Manager web UI.
4. Click Settings & Reports
5. Click Edit to the right of vCenter Server
6. Re-enter the vCenter Server admin password and click OK.
Now, you’ll need to redeploy or create a new vCNS Edge Gateway. To redeploy:
1. Click Edge Gateways under Cloud Resources. Right click your Edge Gateway, then click Re-Deploy.
To create a new vCNS Edge Gateway:
1. Click Organizations, then select the Organization to which the Edge Gateway will be added. Click the Organization name to open the Organization administration screen.
2. Click Administration.
3. Select the Organization vDC, then click the link.
4. Click Edge Gateways under the Organization vDC
5. Click the green plus to add a new Edge Gateway.
6. Select settings appropriate for your deployment (High Availability, Compact vs. Full, etc.) and click Next. Note that if you choose to Configure IP Settings manually, Sub-Allocate IP Pools, or Configure Rate Limits, more will be required than in this guide.
7. Add any external networks to the Edge Gateway. Click Next when finished.
8. Name your Edge Gateway, click Next.
9. Click Finish.